Friday, January 22, 2010

Shopping trip yesterday!


This is the current promo at Albertson's this week.  I bought 5 boxes of Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks @ $2.00 each and 4 boxes of Betty Crocker Brownies @ $2.50 each bringing my total before coupons and taxes to $20.00.  I used 2- $1.00/2 BC Fruit snack coupons and 1- $.40 BC Fruit Snack coupon, and 2- $1.00/2 BC Brownie Coupons bringing my total down to $15.60.  Since I spent $20.00 the register automaticly subtracted $5.00 so my OOP was $10.60 plus tax.  I then got a $3.50 catalina back for buying 5 Betty Crocker Fruit Snacks to use on my next shopping trip.

4 comments:

  1. I attended your class last night and loved it!!! I emailed you but haven't heard back. We have a group together that are wanting to order some Case-Its so we can get organized. If you could email me back that would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I just got your email so ignore the previous comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Nicole,
    So I am new to couponing and just tried your brownies and fruit snacks suggestion. For some reason the brownies were ringing up at 2.39 instead of 2.50 so I had to buy another box because I was .22 short. I think this got thrown off when I gave my preferred card number. Should I not have done that? Then the $5 savings didn't kick in either. The cashier had to fix that because it should have. There are so many details to mess up a good deal! Not that I didn't still get a great deal, but it was frustrating not to know how to plead my argument. This was at the Burley store.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen,
    The current promo is on the back page of the Albertson's ad. As with any sale there are only certain products that are part of the sale so the only brownies that work are the ones with the tag below them that says 2/$5.00. They are the original supreme brownie mixes. The only reason I can think that they didn't ring up right is because they weren't the ones on the promo. The 2/$5.00 is the price with your preferred card. I hope this helps! There are only about 5 brownie mixes in the promo.
    Thanks and keep trying! It is worth it!
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete