Monday, September 14, 2009

Coupon Basics

Welcome to Coupon Basics!  Many years ago when I graduated from high school and moved out on my own my mom would send me coupons.  I would get them in the mail, look through them and think,' 75 cents off the most expensive laundry detergent.  I normally buy the no name brand and it is $3.00 cheaper so why would I use this coupon, it is still more then I can afford! '  What I didn't know then was how to stockpile my coupons, wait for the products to come on sale and then use them to get the best deal.  That is what I will be teaching you about but first we need to cover some necessary items.

First: Where do you get coupons?
     Newspaper- The Sunday newspaper has coupon inserts almost everyweek (excluding holiday weekends) and they are really the best source.  Consider buying multiple Sunday papers (I buy 5) so you can stockpile by using 5 coupons at once.
     Internet - There are several good websites that you can print your own coupons from.  Just make sure that you never photocopy them since each barcode is only used once and the store will only get paid for one coupon.  Manufacturers websites will sometimes have coupons to get you to try their products.
     Tear pads and peelies- This are found at the store by the products.  Peelies are actually on the product and when you buy it the cashier should peel it off and give you the discount.
     Friends and Neighbors- There are many people who get the newspaper and never use the coupons so ask around and see if anyone will save them for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment